Image Alt


  -  Producers

As it is known, time is the key ingredient to all things wine, both in the field and the cellar. 50 years of experience, plus the discipline and energy of the Giovanett family,  are the foundation of this unique story.

Since the founding of the Castelfeder Winery in 1969 by Alfons Giovanett, many things have changed. The portfolio and production have been expanded, the winery’s processes have been modernised and the market has become more international. Meanwhile, the company has been in the family’s hands for 3 generations and manifests its character from a symbiosis of tradition and pioneering spirit.

Today, 70 hectares of vineyards are vinified: approximately 70% are white varieties focusing on Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon. The remaining 30% are red grape varieties with a notable emphasis on Pinot Noir. Since 2011, the family has also dedicated itself to the Mosel region of Germany, cultivating the steeply sloping Riesling vineyard Sorentberg. Despite new challenges such as climate change, market expansion and the latest trends in the wine industry, the family has managed to balance tradition and modernity with great sensitivity.

A young man in love with his land with a dream: produce excellent wines.

“I followed in the footsteps of my family, who have always cultivated these vineyards. And with a bit of recklessness and a lot of passion, I decided to get involved and start producing my own wine. Luca cultivates ten hectares between Barolo and Novello, respecting each variety’s terroir and expressions. From these vineyards, he produces Barolo, Langhe Nebbiolo, Dolcetto d’Alba, Barbera d’Alba and Nascetta del Comune di Novello.”

Barolo is a liquid dream aged in oak barrels, while Nascetta, is a precious and ancient white grape variety that is gaining international attention.

For Luca, making wine means creating with passion, enhancing what you have by letting yourself be guided by tradition without ceasing to innovate, with state-of-the-art equipment both in the vineyard and in the cellar. His intention is to produce, respecting the earth using renewable energy sources and, in time, to work in my vineyards with techniques that are increasingly attentive to environmental sustainability.

Castelfeder grapes traveled 399km in a SOUTHWEST direction.
All the way to Piemonte, to the Luca Marenco winery, where they were vinified.
At Luca Marenco's they became this precious red.